Boys Varsity Swimming
Game Summaries & Headlines.
- Game Date
- Sep 11, 2021
FHS Boys Swim Team Competes at Cape Rock Invitational
The Farmington High School boys swim team took to the outdoor waters in Cape Girardeau this past weekend and experienced their first taste of invitational swimming this season at the Cape Rock Invitational. The meet included 19 teams and boasted many of the top state level swimmers and teams from as far away as Columbia. Farmington finished 14th in the final team standings with 52 points.
Senior Ari Woodson led the way by scoring two 6th place finishes and leading two relays to scoring efforts. Woodson finished in 23.35 in the 50 Free and 51.63 in the 100 Free to earn the only individual event medals for the team. These two efforts in his prime events positioned him very well for the season as they narrowly missed his personal bests in his first opportunity to race against state championship level competition.
The 200 Freestyle Relay (Ari Woodson, Chris Orr, Malachi Smith, Sam Woodson) earned medals with an 8th place finish in 1:43.20 to improve upon their state consideration time from the season opening dual meet last week. The 200 Medley Relay (Chris Orr, Dylan Weaver, Sam Woodson, Ari Woodson) scored with a 15th place finish in 1:58.98, which was just off the group’s time in the season opener.
Also of note:
- Carter Murray posted two season best times that included a big drop in the 200 Free (2:45.74) and a strong opener in the 500 Free (7:49.46)
- Dylan Weaver posted a strong season opener in the 200 Individual Medley (2:52.76) and improved his season best in the 100 Breaststroke with a final time of 1:18.27
- Malachi Smith continued his strong start to the season posting two best times in the 50 Freestyle (28.89) and 100 Butterfly (1:29.25)
- Sam Woodson finished 17th in both the 100 Butterfly (1:03.23) and 100 Breaststroke (1:12.42)
- Chris Orr broke the 1:00 barrier in the 100 Freestyle with a personal best time of 57.90
- Titan Thomas dropped time off of his personal bests in both the 200 Free (3:08.24) and 500 Free (8:23.45). Thomas has dropped nearly a minute off of his 500 Free time in the first week of the season!
Next up: Away Dual Meet vs. Cape Central (9/14 @ 4pm)